Upload Data


The word “meditation” is derived from the Latin meditari (meaning to think, contemplate or devise mentally) and roughly translated: as “to focus on one object”. The process of meditation is not about emptying your mind, but rather quieting the mind so that you can focus attention, relax and calm the body. Statistically, you are more likely to achieve success in business, health and relationships when you incorporate meditation into your daily life.

Importance of De-addiction

Drug de-addiction holds a lot of significance; it stands as a beacon of healing, reverberating across multiple dimensions of society. At the individual level, it restores lives once ensnared by addiction. Through medical, psychological, and social support, it enables individuals to rediscover their potential, rise up and live fully, and contribute positively to society. Their families find solace as the individuals heal, relationships mend, and family bonds become stronger. The ripple effect is profound and the positivity generated impacts every area of life. Society also reaps the benefits of reduced crime rates, increased safety and enhanced well-being.

Drug de-addiction alleviates the strain on law enforcement and healthcare systems, fostering a healthier and more productive populace. Economically, its impact is profound, as the economy gets rejuvenated by reintegrating individuals into the workforce, who contribute towards GDP and national development.

Benefits of meditation

Research has also shown that meditation can help slow down ageing and reduce the risk of certain diseases, such as cancer. Even if you’re not sure what to expect when you first begin meditating, it’s always helpful to set aside time each day for a mindful reflection. By practising mindfulness in daily life — whether it is during a calm seated routine while running your daily chores like cooking, cleaning or even driving around — you can experience the benefits of meditation on an instant basis.

 Naam Shabad (God's words) is pre-rehearsed sacred words by a spiritual guru, which He imparts to the seekers who want to explore spirituality. The Naam Shabad bounds a divine power that can be unlocked by practising consistently. In the present-day busy and stressful life, one can enjoy being content at heart and peaceful at mind by repeating the Naam Shabad subconsciously in their mind. In fact, the faster you repeat the words, more effective it is. In short, Naam Shabad is a tool to acquire the deep relaxation of our body, nourishment for the soul and to establish a divine connection with the God.


How does Method of Meditation help in De-addiction?

Every single drug has a variety of effects on body and can vary from person to person depending on their physical and mental health. Apart from these, drugs affect one psychologically, which makes them unable to trust their own conscious mind. Most of the medicines specifically work on brain and the same goes with the illegal drugs. These too control the brain and send wrong signals to the brain. Scientifically, it is observed that a person who consumes high dosage of drugs can even end up seeing and hearing things which are not real. These wrong assumptions by brain leads to wrong doing that a person wouldn't do in the normal circumstances. A drug abuser literally has no correct observation and control over thier body. Drugs can make your heart beat faster, which leads to unstable respiratory functioning and even causes heart problems. Drugs affect the way how you see, hear, think, move, eat and even react to different situations.

However. it is possible to help someone with the de-addiction process with meditation and some medications. The very first step for an addict is to essentially leave the company of drug abusers. The minor side-effects of leaving drugs are headache, anxiety, agitation and it affects the brain & behaviour adversely. So, with care, meditation and medications, it can be treated. Also, the diet of a person going through the de-addiction process needs to be more nutritious to balance what the body had lost. However, the meditation exponentially helps with the de-addiction as it inculcates the strong willpower to give up the drugs. In addition, it improves the cardiovascular and respiratory systems - consequently healing the body. Meditation ensures the mental health as psychologically, a person starts believing the brighter and positive sides instead of indulging in negativity. This change is minor at the beginning, but increases with time and practice. It takes approximately seven days for de-addiction and a greater change can be experienced by a person, thereafter. Meditation also varies from a person to person. If your body is badly damaged by the drugs it will take more time to heal, about fifteen to thirty days, but once a person meditates regularly they wouldn't need medications and can lead a healthy life forever.

Under the guidance of Saint Dr Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan, Dera Sacha Sauda is working since 1948 to uproot many pridicaments including drugs and therefore,making the world a better place. However, it takes a lot more than money to carry out such campaigns - it is the willingness to help others unconditionally, which are disposed to millions of Dera Sacha Sauda volunteers. In the present-day scenario, it is concerning to see rising numbers of drug abusers worldwide. It has a huge impact on our global community. School-going children are being cured into the drugs and they end up with depression, mental issues, unemployment, homelessness, and unfortunately, sometimes on the death beds. To address the given situation, Saint Dr Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan has initiated a global campaign - DEPTH. Click here to know more.




Akhil Aggarwal is a successful Bangalore-based trader. Sharp, suave and articulate, he is well-versed in the ways of the world. His youthful energy strikes me as I enter his flat at the upmarket Giri apartments, JP Nagar. He and his wife, Aarti, who receive me are ardent devotees of Dera Sacha Sauda for the last twenty years. His ten-year-old son Sujeet, who studies in the fourth standard is the light of their lives. Sujeet plays around with the usual abandon with the naughtier-than-thou gleam. There is no trace of the ordeal he recently has had. “One day, I suddenly noticed a lump in my son Sujeet’s neck, and since there was no pain, I ignored it,” recounts Akhil. Then during one of their routine visits to the family doctor, Dr Pranitha, they sought her opinion. Dr Pranitha said that it wasn’t a wise thing to ignore it and promptly advised them to get some tests done. On 15th January 2013, the test called FNAC was performed in a renowned Pathology and diagnostic lab in Bangalore called Clumax and re-checked twice. The report was devastating. It said that the cells aspirated from the swollen gland suggested a lymphoma, a type of cancer of the glands. “Our entire happy world came crashing down. It was a nightmare. I used to stay up the whole night cowering in the fear of losing Sujeet.” says Arti, choking with emotion, still shuddering as she remembers those days. On 20th January, they consulted a senior paediatrician, Dr Rajeev Aggarwal, at the famed Narayan Hrudalaya in Bangalore who referred them to the chief of the Paediatric Cancer department. The Cancer doctor, counselled the parents on the further line of confirmatory tests, the first of which would be a biopsy, an incision on the neck to remove the gland for further analysis. Akhil and his wife panicked. “For us, it was a big surgery where the neck would be cut open, no matter what the doctor said”, says Akhil, “It was at that stage that we decided to visit Guruji before we went along with the medical advice”. “The serious possibility that our child was afflicted with a form of cancer meant that things would never be the same again”, reminisces the mother of the cherubic ten-year-old. Akhil reflects pensively, as he disconnects the innumerable calls that flood his cellphone, “It was a moment of realisation for me to ponder where I had gone wrong, what was the Karma that had brought such a tragic consequence!” Little beads of moisture form in his eyes as he talks. Then, overcoming bottled emotions, he continues, “The whole family was in a state of shock and we had no choice except to seek the blessings of our Revered Guruji, Saint Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan”. January is a month when Guruji is extremely busy owing to the celebrations of the Shah Satnamji’s birthday. Millions of followers from all over the world converge at the Ashram this month. His wife quietly informs. “Quite frankly, I was slightly jittery at the prospect of being able to see Guruji in person, owing to His extremely busy schedule.” Akhil continues while disregarding my questioning glances. “But why did you choose to go to Guruji when your son needed emergent treatment,” I interject abruptly. But he brushes aside my query and murmurs stoically, ‘‘Faith, I had faith that Guruji would meet us for sure”. On 23rd Jan, the entire family emplaned to Delhi and hired a taxi to Sirsa. And despite the fact that there was no prior appointment, the call of faith was answered. “On 24th Jan, before the morning congregation, we met Guruji and narrated our woes,” Arti chips in. With bated breath, I want to know the magic words spoken to them by Guruji. Akhil looks smilingly, restored to his usual composed self, ‘‘Guruji said quite simply – Son, don’t be tense at all. Do meditation and consult Dr Brijesh from Mumbai and get it checked. Saying this, Guruji blessed the child and gave him Prasad”. “Well the reassurance is fine, and so is the referral, but what is great in Guruji’s words?” I rush in headlong, determined not to let Akhil sidestep my query. Smiling disarmingly, Akhil implores me with a twinkle, “ Poori baat to suno (Hear me out completely), On the morning of Jan 25th, Sujeet partook the Prasad again and within an hour or less, we were astonished to see that the swelling had vanished. ‘‘We consulted Dr Brijesh who advised us to get a repeat biopsy under the care of Dr A.T.K Rao at MS Ramaiah Hospital and not think too much about the gland going bigger or smaller,’’ he informs. Sujeet was finally biopsied at Bangalore’s reputed M.S. Ramaiah Hospital. The narration by Akhil continued, with occasional inputs from the wife. The report by the pathologist confirmed it to be Lymphoma. (Oops, so no miracle there, I start wondering. Probably these people are so enamoured by the chance reduction, I reason to myself). The initial euphoria that they felt melted away somewhat and the womenfolk were back to tears. Akhil said that somehow, he was feeling a lot stronger after meeting Guruji, and felt inwardly sure that Guruji had never failed them and never would.“After this definitive confirmation of cancer, we reached Dr Brijesh in Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai which is the best cancer Hospital of the country”, he raises his pitch as if to disrupt my thoughts of disbelief. I lazily nod in agreement. ‘‘Dr. Brijesh reviewed the records and was convinced about the line of treatment.’’ The family was advised a PET scan to decide on the treatment plan for chemotherapy and radiotherapy. But as a policy, before initiating treatment, Dr Brijesh got the slide and block of the previous biopsy for review”. As I twiddle my thumbs and look at the ceiling, Akhil drops the bombshell that spurs me into renewed curiosity. Both Dr Brijesh and Sujeet’s parents were astonished when the biopsy report came in. The biopsy report suggested a harmless and extremely rare Japanese disease called Kikuchi disease and there was no evidence of cancer in it. “Guruji cured my son’s cancer in a way as if it was just a bad dream”, chirps Akhil as his wife pours tea for me. It is my turn to squirm uncomfortably in my chair. Akhil sees my discomfiture and fires another salvo, “And one parting question for the hardnosed unbelievers, How did Guruji know and reassure beforehand about the outcome when doctors did not have a clue?” I had no answer to that. Dr Brijesh Arora, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai adds: I had once spoken to Guruji saying that he had not experienced any miracles personally, while everyone talked about receiving grace in many different ways in the Ashram. I had been initiated several years ago while I was still a trainee at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences. While I was trained as a paediatrician, I was still unsure of the super specialisation that I wanted to get into. At that stage, it was Guruji who inspired me to become an Oncologist. There were several moments of doubt, but it was, when I look back, a miracle as I decided to be an Oncologist, practically in deference to Guruji’s wishes. When I now see events unfold, I become acutely aware of the guiding hand of God who manifests to me through Guruji. While medically one may argue, that the diagnosis could be a dilemma, the plain fact is that the child was seen and reported upon by practically the best doctors in Bangalore. Had Guruji not directed them to Mumbai, the child would have been treated for lymphoma. Kikuchi is an extremely rare disease as well. I too had planned to treat the lymphoma and was unprepared for this turn of events. There are research studies now that testify to the power of prayer, so I would say that if faith and prayer help, we need all the help that we can get.

Mahender Singh Insan, 15 Member, son of Ram Chandra Insan, village Sanauli, Khurd block bapoli, District Panipat (Haryana). He describes the pious blessings of Satguru Ji, via a written document that states a miracle, him being the evidence. The incident took place in August 1991. Mahender Singh Insan states that his 4-year-old daughter Pooja lost her hand after getting caught in Gandasa(a type of knife or dragger). Everything was fine, till the time I walked out of the home. I had just reached the bus stand to board the bus for my shift in Dera Sacha Sauda when this dreadful incident happened at my place. I was waiting for the bus, and suddenly I noticed a person (from our neighborhood) running toward me. He was very nervous and told me about the whole incident and also asked me to return along. Within seconds only, another person came and told us that the hand is almost hanging, so we need to speed up for the hospital. Blood is overflowing, he said while panicking and being all serious. I remembered my Satguru and chanted his slogan, “ Dhan Dhan Satguru Tera Hi Aasra”. And the very moment itself, I went back home. For me, it was a very terrible view to see my daughter’s hand hanging around with the blood overflowing from it. Even the cloth that was wrapped around her hand started leaking due to continuous flow. She was in too much pain and was crying non-stop. I embraced her and took her to a nearby doctor immediately. The moment I saw the doctor removing the cloth from her hand, I just couldn’t stop myself from screaming. Since her hand was wrapped up in a cloth, I wasn’t aware of the real condition. Till that time, all I was wondering was if it would be a small scratch/cut. But what I got to see was, all her fingers were hanging downwards. Tears were not meant to stop anyhow. Doctor asked us to take the child to the Panipat hospital as soon as possible, for an operation. He suggested we go to Dr. Jatinder over there, who would operate on her. He warned us to hurry up as her blood was overflowing, and that the situation would get way worse if it continued to flow like this. We took our child immediately to the Panipat hospital. The surgeon doctor also checked her hand and told us, that an operation would surely happen but we need to wait for our government doctor who will take around 2 hours to come from the city. She will come and give your child the anesthesia, only then would the operation start. We anyhow had to wait for the doctor, so I kept meditating while holding my daughter in my arms, and fortunately, till the time doctor came, the blood also stopped flowing. My daughter was shifted to an operation theater and due to so much blood loss, her body was lacking the right amount of blood. The doctor came out and informed us that her hand is completely finished and there are very less chances of the operation getting successful. She told us that it would be better for the child if we remove her hand, as she would feel comparatively less pain in the coming days. Now as per the doctors, while opening the bandage on 3rd or 4th day of the operation, the hand would remain blackened, (of which the chances are very high) due to lack of proper blood flow, then her hand would have to be removed with another operation. So if the operation is done, it would anyhow be unsuccessful. Seeing the condition of my child, these words said by the doctor seemed correct. I myself requested the lady doctor that nowadays society is too unfair, filled with unwanted jealousy and greed, and even girls from well-off families are being pushed out if their demands are not fulfilled. Who will accept a handicapped child, that too of a poor man? Who will marry her? Sharing my inner sorrow and ongoing thoughts, I requested the doctor to start my child’s operation by remembering our True Master-Almighty, giving her the assurance that our Revered Satguru Ji will make the operation succeed. The operation was done. Keeping all her faith in the Almighty, the Lady Doctor said, May the operation succeed. Sitting next to my child, I continuously meditated on God’s words for the next 3 days and also asked my daughter to chant the slogan, “Dhan Dhan Satguru Tera Hi Aasra”. On the third day, when the bandage was opened, the surgeon doctor called me and congratulated me on the good news. She appreciated Revered Guru Ji and said my child is perfectly fine by his grace. And within another 4-5 days, she got discharged from the hospital too. The doctors asked me to start a physiotherapy program for my daughter once we returned home, in which I had to make her carry 50-100 gms of weight with all her fingers. Meanwhile, we got to notice that only two fingers were responding. So, we had to continue this exercise routine for a few more days. One night in my dreams, I myself witnessed Saint Dr. Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan addressing his disciples during a congregation at Dera Sacha Sauda, Barnawa Ashram (U.P). Suddenly, Guru Ji got down from the stage, came towards me, and said, “Let’s move forward Mahendar Singh”. Without a single thought, I started following in his footsteps. After some time, while moving forward, Guru Ji sat in a clean area. What I observed was, four channels were getting interconnected nearby. There, Revered Guru Ji addressed and asked, “Dear Mahendar, how’s your family?” Seeing my Satguru taking my name was altogether a feeling that can’t be expressed in words. I replied wholeheartedly, “Yes Satguru Ji, my whole family is perfectly fine with your grace”. Side by side, I also shared the whole incident and the current status of my 4-year daughter’s operation. Guru Ji sermonized by saying, “Dear, Tell me something else, what else is bothering you at your place?” Beseeching with all my faith in him, I shared the health problems that my wife was facing. At that moment only, Guru Ji himself took one of my hands and placed it on the other, and said, “Dear, looks like her stomach has to be operated on”. Till that time, I didn’t even mention the stomach illness. This whole scene and conversation with Revered Guru Ji took place in that instance only, i.e in my dreams. Just like another usual day, I meditated for about 1 hour in the morning. Thereafter, I called my daughter and asked her to move her fingers. Before that, I insisted she chant the slogan of God’s name, “Dhan Dhan Satguru Tera Hi Aasra”. To my surprise, all her fingers were moving in the right direction. Just to confirm, I asked her to carry a weight of 1Kg, to which she replied, Daddy, my hand is completely fine”, and even I could analyze her lifting that weight with such ease. Right after that, I asked my wife about her illness, to which she said, that she was feeling well for a change. She was suffering from an appendix, which was easily rectified after an operation. Saint Dr. Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan himself cured all the illnesses of my family just through that one dream. We were mostly concerned about our child, about her future. But, Revered Guru Ji made everything back to normal in no time. With his grace, both the hands of our child are healthy now. We will always remain indebted to him for his immense love and blessings.

Mr. Jaspreet Singh, New Zealand It was in the year 1998, I was studying in class 6th in a private school in Muktsar (Punjab). I was blessed with the method of meditation by Hazoor Pita Saint Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan in 1994. So one evening, I had itchy red eyes and my parents took me to an eye specialist. The doctor misread my situation and diagnosed it as flu and gave me some eye drops. which I used for a week and from that day I could not see anything and was totally blinded. My parents looked at all the options and took me to an eye surgeon in Fazilka (Punjab). He looked into my eyes and commented that this was the worst case that he had seen in a child of my age. He prescribed medicine and when the medical staff came up to put on eye drops, my mother took the medicine and recited ” Dhan Dhan Satguru Tera Hi Asra“. When she put eye drops in my eyes in the next couple of minutes I started to see. Many many Thanks to Hazoor Pita Ji, without You Pita Ji I would have never been able to see this world again. I request Pitaji to bless us in every step of life. — Mr. Jaspreet Singh

Kaviraj Desraj Insan, resident of Shah Satnam Ji Nagar, Sirsa. This beloved devotee shares the above-mentioned miracle of the unbound love and grace of his Satguru, Saint Mastana Ji Maharaj. The incident took place in the year 1970. That day, when I reached the Sirsa bus stand to board the bus for Hanumangarh, the bus was parked at the counter with jam-packed passengers, having no space around. I also boarded the same crowded bus in no time. All the seats were already occupied by the passengers and the rest others were standing midway. The driver started the bus. And I somehow got to sit on the conductor’s seat, while he started giving out tickets to fellow passengers. Suddenly, I started panicking for no reason. People travel to places every day, and usually, I also travel by bus only, but not everyone must have undergone that feeling that I was going through at that time. I started remembering my Satguru while meditating, and side by side was trying to figure out the reason behind my health too. At that moment, I suddenly heard an inner voice that said, “Get up from here”. Ignoring it, I didn’t get up thinking that I have a long way to go ahead, if I leave this seat, I would have to travel the remaining distance standing only. After some time, when the bus stopped at a village bus stop, a few passengers left and I shifted to a front seat that got vacant. I genuinely felt so relieved once I changed my seat. Thankfully, I was no more nervous, and could easily feel relaxed at that very moment. The bus was moving via Ellenabad to Hanumangarh. Before 15 km to Hanumangarh, our bus and a truck met with an accident. The truck was moving from the left side towards the main road and from that side only it somehow got hit behind our bus. The window of that side broke off and the mirror pieces scattered on a woman’s face who was sitting right on that window seat. (The moment I left my place, a couple took over that seat). Her face was bleeding heavily. The truck driver was caught and was transferred to our bus only. Then our driver drove off our bus to Hanumangarh steadily. After dropping off all the passengers at Hanumangarh chungi, the driver directly took the bus to a hospital. At that time, the woman was quite serious due to her continuous blood loss. I’m not aware of her further condition, whether she was saved or not, as I deboarded the bus at Hanumangarh Chungi. But one thing was clear to me, it was my Satguru, Saint Mastana Ji Maharaj only, who asked me to get up from that seat. And isn’t it explicit, that a True Satguru always remains near his devotee who remembers him and does meditation, leaving all other-worldly affairs? The divine Satguru always helps his devotees to rescue them from all harmful situations. I am obliged to my rescuer, Hazoor Pita Ji every now and then. And I am really thankful to him for saving me from this dreadful incident.

A mentally deranged person who was practically on the verge of death was reunited with his family at Shah Satnam Ji Dham, Sirsa on Wednesday, 6th March. The story dates back to 4th September 2012 when Guruji was going from Sirsa to Bikaner. While traveling swiftly in a motorcade, Guruji suddenly noticed a thin emaciated figure lying helplessly on the roadside. On seeing his plight, Guruji asked the motorcade to be immediately halted and deputed some volunteers to look after that person. Smeared in his own fecal matter and drenched in urine, he was a piteous bundle of flesh and bones. The volunteers bathed him and scrubbed him clean. Raj Kumar Insan and Jagdish Insan, the local representatives in Bikaner, were entrusted with the task of getting him treated. While the local police expressed their inability to trace his address, they were considerate enough to grant permission to dera volunteers to look after the ailing young man. This silent suffering man, nicknamed Bablu, was housed in a comfortable room at the Bikaner ashram. In the ashram, he was nourished with a good diet and treated by the best psychiatrist in town. As medication started, his condition gradually improved, his appetite returned and he became more communicative. Slowly, he recollected his life in his native village and told the Dera volunteers the name of his village. Owing to his mental status, he could not proffer any more information. Rajkumar Insan, who had been deputed, prayed for divine help in tracing the obscure-sounding village named by Bablu. Since the spelling of the village's name was not clear and Bablu’s pronunciation, a little slurred, Rajkumar persisted tediously on the internet for several weeks until he finally located a similar-sounding village out of the millions of villages in India even when he had no clue as to which state. By this time, Bablu had improved enough to name his father as it belonged, although, no other details were forthcoming. As the Dera volunteers pieced together the clues to Bablu’s probable native place, they passed on the information to certain dera members residing in Kolkata. Armed only with the name of the village and the father’s name, the volunteers eventually tracked down Bablu’s parents who promptly identified their missing son. In their failed search for their lost son, Sheikh Hanan Ali (His father) and his family were reduced to penury as they had sold off their small house. Finally, the parents were brought by the volunteers from West Bengal and reunited with their son at Dera Sacha Sauda, Sirsa on 6th March 2013. After the morning congregation, Guruji lauded the sincere efforts of the Dera followers and expressed His fervent hope that Bablu alias Sheikh Abdul would be restored completely to good health. At this emotional juncture, the overwhelmed father said that he had been praying ardently to Allah for restoring his lost son who had drifted away over two years ago. In a choked voice, he said that Allah had heard his prayers through the medium of Guruji.